Friday, 19 August 2011

Where we're at so far.

Blimey, 2 posts in one day?! So. It became pretty clear to me that this quest was definitely on when lingerie catalogues started landing on my doorstep. The first was the spring/summer 2011 catalogue from What Katie Did.




I was already aware of their 'Cabaret' mesh bra which ticks a lot of the required boxes. All of them in fact, except that it has seams. Am I going to have to overlook this and just go for it anyway? Maybe. Who knows? The mission continues. But yeah, What Katie Did. I've known about them for a while now and have liked a few of their styles here and there, but they are very much about the whole 1950's glamour thing, which is great, but not what I'm after at the moment. Still, flicking through their catalogue was fun & they do, undoubtedly, have some very sweet stuff!




Next up is Playful Promises who were brought to my attention initially when a friend of mine landed a job working for them. They actually had a sample sale today which another friend of mine (who I will be introducing you to in a moment) attended and kept her eye open for anything that might fit my spec whilst there. What you see to the right is a quick phone pic she snapped and sent me. That baby right there is a bit on the small side but was a steal at £5 and, though you cannot see really, is apparently made from a couple of layers of fine mesh and is, therefore, suitably see through :D I decided to take a chance on it for that amount of money. I'll let you know how that turns out once it arrives!




So. More about this mysterious friend of mine. Her name is Karolina Laskowska and she is a lingerie designer (oh! How handy ;D) and student. You can see her work on her website, which I very much suggest you do. Her designs are a beautiful fusion of feminine detail and bold, contemporary structure. I have already begun gently harassing her into perhaps allowing me to commission her for something along the lines of what I'm after so we'll see where that takes us ;) Karolina, I promise I won't drive you insane! In the meantime, I shall also suggest you all go check out and like her Facebook page!


So, that's where I'm at for now! Please feel free to chip in with any suggestions, links, ideas or recommendations in the meantime!

1 comment:

  1. aire bra
    my reading hobby have very experience nut i have not see that kind of blog really awesome...
    aire bra

    ReplyDelete